UPDATE! Please check updated firmware 1.09RC2 on this page first!
Checking out the new firmware from Pajen who has hacked the Korg Volca FM and fixed a bunch of stuff that Korg wouldn’t.
Check out Pajen’s original Reddit post here:
Here are the features:
- Global setting 9 : enable/disable velocity on MIDI notes IN
- Global setting 10: Yamaha compatability/Korg proprietary single patch import/export
- Global setting 11: Patch change notes on/off
New MIDI CCs:
- CC 1 : (Mod wheel) assignable via CC 91, defaults to Pitch Mod Depth
- CC 85: Chorus on/off. value -64 off, value +64 on.
- CC 86: Chorus stereo width, 64 is default
- CC 87: Chorus speed, 64 is default
- CC 88: Load patch, value 0-4: patch 1, 5-8: patch 2 etc up to 127
- CC 89: Load pattern, value 0-8: pattern 1, 9-16: pattern 2 etc up to 127
- CC 90: Tempo divisor, value 0-31: 1/1, 32-63: 1/2, 64-95: 1/4, 96-127: 1/8 (!)
- CC 91: Mod wheel mapping: decides what MIDI CC mod wheel should map to. Example: value 42 sent on CC 91 – Mod wheel now controls Modulator Attack
- S&H 256x scale error
- S&H update logic error
- LFO sign error (saw up/down, square polarity)
- added filtering to remove digital pop on discontinuous LFO
Update: the original file has been taken down. You can grab it here.