Korg Volca FM firmware 1.08 unofficial update
UPDATE! Please check updated firmware 1.09RC2 on this page first!
Checking out the new firmware from Pajen who has hacked the Korg Volca FM and fixed a bunch of stuff that Korg wouldn’t.
Check out Pajen’s original Reddit post here:
Here are the features:
- Global setting 9 : enable/disable velocity on MIDI notes IN
- Global setting 10: Yamaha compatability/Korg proprietary single patch import/export
- Global setting 11: Patch change notes on/off
New MIDI CCs:
- CC 1 : (Mod wheel) assignable via CC 91, defaults to Pitch Mod Depth
- CC 85: Chorus on/off. value -64 off, value +64 on.
- CC 86: Chorus stereo width, 64 is default
- CC 87: Chorus speed, 64 is default
- CC 88: Load patch, value 0-4: patch 1, 5-8: patch 2 etc up to 127
- CC 89: Load pattern, value 0-8: pattern 1, 9-16: pattern 2 etc up to 127
- CC 90: Tempo divisor, value 0-31: 1/1, 32-63: 1/2, 64-95: 1/4, 96-127: 1/8 (!)
- CC 91: Mod wheel mapping: decides what MIDI CC mod wheel should map to. Example: value 42 sent on CC 91 – Mod wheel now controls Modulator Attack
- S&H 256x scale error
- S&H update logic error
- LFO sign error (saw up/down, square polarity)
- added filtering to remove digital pop on discontinuous LFO
Update: the original file has been taken down. You can grab it here.