The UK based eurorack/modular manufacturer have announced the P401 – a new Poly-4 MIDI Interface which adds four-voice polyphony to your modular system.
With all 4 voices in Poly mode – each voice has Note, 5V Gate and 10V Velocity CV outputs. The Note output has normalised pitchbend. There’s also a 4 PPQN Clock (5V) output and 10V modulation wheel output included.
The mode switch can be set to polyphonic, monophonic and unison. Polyphonic and unison modes can be mapped to MIDI channels 1, 3, 5 and 7 using jumpers on the PCB. Monophonic mode outputs four separate voices to outputs 1, 2, 3 and 4 on MIDI channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively, allowing for multitimbral capability.
Polyphonic mode has two voice allocation algorithms that can be assigned with a jumper on the PCB, including lowest note (featured on the original Prophet 5) and round robin, allowing for different tonalities to be achieved.
Finally, the note priority for monophonic and unison modes can be switched on the front panel between last, highest or lowest.
- Adds four-voice polyphony to your modular system.
- Features a wide range of functionality in a compact design.
- One note output per voice, with precision 12-bit DACs with a typical deviation of only ±1 cent (±0.001V) over ten octaves.
- Note outputs feature normalled pitchbend.
- Each voice also has 5V gate and 10V outputs.
- 4 PPQN clock output (5V).
- 10V modulation wheel output.
- Different modes including polyphonic, monophonic and unison.
- MIDI channel for polyphonic and unison modes can be assigned to 1, 3, 5 or 7 using jumpers on the PCB.
- Monophonic mode is mapped to outputs 1-4 via MIDI channels 1-4, allowing for multitimbral control.
- Polyphonic mode features two voice allocation algorithms including lowest note and round robin.
- Note priority for monophonic and unison modes can be changed between last, highest or lowest.